“Local Colors” is the theme for this show of primarily watercolor paintings by Mary Jane Solomon being held at the Seacoast Artist Association Gallery, 130 Water St., Exeter From December 2nd through January 28th. Artist’s Reception will be held Friday December 2nd from 4-7. Refreshments will be served.
Saturday November 19th is the last day to view the SAA Awards show at the Old Town Hall Gallery in Exeter, NH. Hours are Noon-4PM.
Congratulations to the winners:
Best of Show : Robert Steadman
1st: Maria Kay Simms
2nd: Barbara Clark
3rd: Charlene Yelle
Honorable Mention: Bill Childs, Pat Kennedy Corlin, Tony Baldasaro
People’s Choice: Sandra Chaisson
To celebrate NH Open Doors, the SAA is sponsoring the following events on Saturday and Sunday Nov 5-6 2016:
- Fabric artist Nancy Morgan will be at the Gallery on Saturday from 1:00 – 4:00 – she will bring small unframed examples of her art quilts and can explain the steps involved in creating them.
- Artist Annick Bouvron-Gromek will be offering a informative and fun hands-on monotype demo Saturday 12:00 – 3:00 in the gallery.
- Local photographer and NH native Debra Woodward, who is also one of our Seacoast Art Association Gallery Shop artisans, will be having a 25% off sale on all of her framed images that are IN STOCK during NH Open Doors weekend only! They include images of Santa Fe, Paris, and Tuscany. Buy that perfect holiday gift now or purchase something for your own wall! These photos are all custom framed. This sale will be that weekend ONLY. Debra will be stopping in at the gallery on Saturday at 3:00 so please come say hello!
- Photographic artist Natalie Rotman Cote will be at the SAA Gallery Sunday 12:00 – 2:00 demonstrating photo effects using post-processing software such as Topaz Labs Glow, Texture, and Impressions.
All events are free and open to the public. Gallery hours are Saturday 10:00 – 5:00 and Sunday 12:00 – 4:00. The SAA also has an Awards show exhibition at the Exeter Town Hall Gallery next door – open 12:00 – 4:00 Saturday and Sunday.
“Choosing just 20 or so to show from the thousands of photos I took over a four month period last summer and fall has been a daunting task, but I hope those who travel to Exeter to see this presentation will enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed taking them!”
After an informative slide show and talk about Loons and their behavior, Talbot will give a short presentation in which he shows 20 slides and talks about each slide for 20 seconds. This is known as Pecha-Kucha style, a Japanese word for “Chit-Chat”. This style was invented to keep presentations short and to the point and has become quite popular around the world. We hope you can join us for this reception!
This event is open to the public and free to SAA members. Donations appreciated by non-members.
- SAA member Doris Rice hosts an evening of wine, hors d’ouvres, and fine conversation featuring locations where she has painted recently – Friday Nov 18, 2016 5pm – 8pm at The Victoria Inn Bed & Breakfast in Hampton, NH – see flyer for more info.
- SAA theme show Small Works for Giving is on display – reception is Friday Nov 4th 4-7 PM.
- SAA Awards Show at the Town Hall Gallery – reception is also Friday Nov 4th 4-7PM
- New Hampshire Open Doors event weekend of Nov 5th and 6th – see our list of demonstrations
- Second Sunday – presentation by Kevin Talbot on Loons on Nov 13th 2-4 PM.
- Barbara Cowan is the Featured Artist on exhibit October-November.
- Mary Jane Solomon will be the the Featured Artist for December-January.
- Register now for art classes: Revelle Taillon offers 3 new class sessions starting in November for pastels and drawing (see our calendar); Doris Rice holds on-going watercolor painting classes Wednesday afternoons and Thursday eves (see Doris’ calendar for details)
See our events page for a calendar of SAA activities.