- January Featured Artist is Doris Rice and Her Students – reception for Watercolor Brave and Dramatic is Fri Jan 5th 4 -7 PM.
- SAA theme show Black & White is on display through the end of January; reception is Fri Jan 5th 4-7 PM.
- SAA members Tony Baldasaro & Dennis Skillman showcase winter photographs at the Blue Moon Evolution Restaurant now through Feb 28th; reception is Sun Jan 21st 3-5 PM.
- Revelle Taillon starts two new art classes Jan 2nd – Intermediate Drawing and Colored Pencil.
- Pat E. Nickerson offers classes at the Exeter Town Hall Gallery and in Deerfield year-round.
- Latest newsletter for Dec/Jan is available.
- Call for art – next theme show is Winter Blues – drop off is Sat Jan 27th – 2018 Theme Shows list (PDF) is now available.
‘I paint what cannot be photographed, that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive. I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence.” ~Man Ray (1890-1976), American visual artist
A NH native, Debra Woodward has interested in fine art photography since she was a child. In 2009 she began studying with Newburyport photographer Robert Chiller with a goal to master her SLR and also to learn what makes a good photograph as opposed to just a snapshot. She began to understand the importance shadows and light and of working to get a good shot without depending on a lot of post manipulation. On top of street shooting, Debra enjoys capturing musicians at work, café goers, horses jumping in the snow, even a couple weddings for close friends. In the last few years Debra has been lucky to travel to France, Italy, Canada, and Santa Fe, and many of her recent photographs on display at the Seacoast Artist Association gallery were taken there as well as locally.
In 2017 Debra shared a successful exhibit entitled “Café Life” with NH oil painter Peg Murray at the NH Art Association; Debra’s dramatic black and white photography were a fine contrast and complement to Peggy’s colorful oil paintings. Some of these photos are featured here: