Our gallery space creates an excellent opportunity for SAA members to have their own dedicated mini-gallery and increase exposure for a larger representation of your work.
Benefits for the Featured Artist
- Use of the dedicated Featured Artist wall space in the Gallery (approximately 10-12 items depending on sizes) for one month duration. Starting February 2017.
- A rack dedicated for your shrink-wrapped artwork.
- A time for you to host a reception. The reception date and time may be coordinated with the Featured Artist Committee.
- Services of the Hanging Committee to arrange the exhibit.
- One piece of your work, chosen by our Featured Artist Committee, to be displayed in the front window.
- Easels will be available on the day of the reception for additional display of your works.
- Publicity in local newspapers.
Responsibilities of the Featured Artist
- Coordinate the opening reception date, time, and logistics with the Featured Artist Committee.
- Arrange with the Committee as to when you will deliver and pick up your works.
- Refreshments for the reception.
- Invitations sent to your patrons and friends.
- Adherence to all rules and regulations that apply to gallery exhibitors (see Presentation Standards).
- Provide an artist bio, a photograph of yourself (if desired), and an artist’s statement (if desired) on acceptance as a Featured Artist. Delivery in electronic format is preferable
- Be a current SAA member in good standing
- Payment in advance of the Featured Artist fee of $150 (only $100 for existing Exhibiting Gallery Members) $200.00 for non SAA Members.
How to Apply:
- Complete the SAA Featured Artist Agreement and deliver it to the SAA.
- Provide three to five representative works for our jurors. We prefer that representative works are in electronic format (JPG, for example), but pieces may be dropped at the gallery for review by our jurors.