The Seacoast Artists Association has been part of the seacoast scene for many years. It is a group of nearly 200 artists, and people interested in visual arts who endeavor to educate and support artistic promotion for its members, as well as providing a place to present their works. Admission as a member is non-juried.
We maintain a cooperative gallery in Exeter, NH on a space rental basis that supports itself. A portion of fees from art shows, memorial donations, and other funds are placed in a scholarship fund and awarded to qualifying high school seniors from the area. All memberships expire on January 1st of the following year.
Many of our members opt to be listed on our artist virtual gallery page; learn about their background, favorite media and subjects, and view an image gallery of some of their works.
Benefits of Membership
- Seacoast Artist Association members gain immediate access to our Newsletters, which keep members advised of art-related events, shows, activities, and other information of interest to artists.
- Members are eligible to display their work in our Exeter gallery for additional participation fees, and may display their work on our website gallery for only $10 per year (see Virtual Gallery Information for instructions).
- All members in good standing may participate in the annual Winter Awards Show.
- Members may participate in additional exhibitions and shows sponsored or co-sponsored by the SAA.
- Members may, for an additional fee, hold a solo show on our Featured Artist wall.
Members attend monthly Meetings and Demonstrations on the second Sundays of each month, unless otherwise noted, for free (workshop supplies excepted). Details on our monthly meetings, demos, and workshops is available on our Meetup site.
The Association Board meets once a month (except June through August), announced in the Newsletter. These meetings are open to all members.
- Every member is expected to participate as a volunteer for one or more shows, galleries, exhibitions, or events.
- Each member is encouraged to attend meetings and events, and participate in our art community.
- Exhibiting gallery members are expected to follow the policies, rules, and regulations for Exhibiting Gallery members (see Forms).
Dues are assessed annually, and expire on January 1st of the year following payment of dues.
|Family (same household)||$60|
Gallery fees for those artists hanging works in our Exeter gallery are assessed at then-current rates for the duration of the hanging period. Please contact the Gallery Manager for more information. The optional artist virtual gallery is a great way to share information about yourself and show off your art; instructions for submitting your profile and images are on our Forms page.
Print and fill out this SAA Membership Application 2017 (PDF) and bring in to the gallery or mail to:
Seacoast Artist Association
130 Water Street
Exeter, NH 03833
Call our gallery at (603) 778-8856 if you have any questions.