- November Featured Artist is Kevin Talbot – reception is Fri Nov 3rd 4-7 PM.
- Upcoming: December Featured Artist is a collaboration of Annick Bouvron-Gromek and BJ Glanville – their show “Color Shapes & Textures” opens Nov 25th, reception on Fri Dec 1st 4 -7 PM.
- Artist Spotlight – find out more about SAA artist Natalie Rotman Cote
- SAA theme show Small Works for Giving is on display through the end of December – all works are under $100 – reception is Fri Nov 3rd 4-7 PM.
- SAA Awards Show is on display at the Exeter Town Hall Gallery weekends Nov 4, 5, 11, 12 – with reception Fri Nov 3rd 4-7PM.
- Monotype Demonstration by Annick Bouvron-Gromek – part of NH Open Doors weekend – Sat Nov 4th 10AM-2PM
- Revelle Taillon starts two new art classes Jan 2nd – Intermediate Drawing and Colored Pencil
- Pat E. Nickerson starts two new classes at the Exeter Town Hall Gallery classroom on Monday Dec 4th – Drawing for the Painter and Oil Painting
- Latest newsletter for Dec/Jan is available.
- Call for art – next theme show is Black and White – drop off is Sat Dec 30th.
For the month of December the ‘Featured Artist’ is a collaboration of Annick Bouvron-Gromek and BJ Glanville. Showcasing Monotypes, their show “Color Shapes & Textures”, will be on display from November 25th to December 30th. The reception will be on Friday December 1st from 4 pm to 7 pm at the SAA Gallery, 130 Water Street, Exeter, NH.
Natalie’s space at the SAA Gallery and Shop includes a wide variety of art work in many mediums. All of her art is lively and colorful, with a few black and white exceptions. Animals, landscapes, nature and still life represented in both her photography and her paintings color the space. Her work is available in many formats including wall art on canvas, on metal, traditionally framed; mini-prints with easels; and prints that buyers can then frame in their own style. You will also find tote bags, makeup bags, elegant clutch style handbags, cutting boards and greeting cards all using her own wide variety of images. Her work can be customized in any of these formats upon request.
The 2017 Small Works for Giving Show is hung and ready for the sales to begin!!! There were over 70 submissions, which should offer something to please almost everyone. Come shop early for your first choice, but return often, as sold items will be replaced with new pieces. Original art makes a perfect gift, pleasing both the receiver, and the creator. The Artists’ reception will be held Friday November 3rd from 4-7 and the show will remain up until after Christmas.
Enjoy these images as a teaser…
You are invited to attend the artist reception for Kevin Talbot on Friday November 3, 2017 from 4pm to 7pm from at the Seacoast Artist Association gallery, 130 Water Street, Exeter.
As November’s featured Artist Talbot will be displaying his photographs. These are printed on metal and have a clean, fresh look, and are ready for hanging without the extra expense of glass, matting and framing. Refreshments will be served.
The Seacoast Artist Association Gallery and Shop is participating in NH Open Doors, a New Hampshire touring and shopping event that is happening on Saturday, November 4th, and Sunday, November 5th. During this weekend, artists, craftspeople, farms, retail shops and other businesses in the seacoast and throughout the state are opening their doors and featuring special activities for all ages, including craft demonstrations, food samplings, special sales, and more. Fall is a great time of year to tour New Hampshire’s scenic highways and country roads, and to shop (tax-free) for New Hampshire-made gifts.
A Monotype demonstration will be held on Saturday, Nov 4th, 10:00 to 2:00 pm at the SAA Gallery, 130 Water St., Exeter, NH.
What is a Monotype?
Monotype is an intriguing hybrid among printing techniques. It is neither a print nor a painting, but a unique combination of both. The method is named because it is one image (mono), painted or drawn with printer’s ink directly on a plate and then transferred to paper. The printing of an image from a clean, un-worked surface results in a quality that is open and free which easily allows innovation. The monotype is a singular image and cannot be replicated.
- October Featured Artist is Charlene Yelle – reception is Fri Oct 6th 4-7 PM.
- SAA theme show Mystery Kits is on display through the end of October – reception is Fri Oct 6th 4-7 PM.
- Second Sunday Demo features Nancy Johnson’s painting on YUPO paper Oct 8th 1:30 PM
- Our Y’Art sale scholarship fundraiser is on the weekend of Oct 14th & 15th
- Revelle Taillon starts two new art classes Oct 31st – Learn to Draw and Learn to Paint with Acrylics
- Pat E. Nickerson offers ongoing art classes in Deerfield, NH and participates in the Deerfield Arts Tour Oct 21st & 22nd
- Call for art – 2017 theme show calendar is available; the Small Works for Giving (holiday show) drop off is Sat Oct 28th.
As the artist featured in October, Charlene Yelle will be displaying works digital photography. Attend the artist reception for on Friday Oct 6th 2017, 4-7 pm at the Seacoast Artist Association gallery in Exeter. Refreshments will be served.
- September Featured Artist is John Baumann – reception is Fri Sept 8th 4-7 PM.
- SAA theme show Autumn Light and Long Shadows is on display through the end of September – reception is Fri Sept 1st 4-7 PM.
- Call for art – 2017 theme show calendar is available; the October show is Mystery Kits – drop off is Sat Sept 30th.