This demonstration on Sunday May 8th, 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM at the SAA Gallery will show how to print a monotype on Silk. Taught by SAA member Annick Bouvron-Gromek, this is followed by a workshop on Saturday May 14th from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM – cost for workshop is $75. Due to space restriction we can only have 4 attendees for the hands-on workshop – if interested, please email Annick at email@example.com
Yet another show that has exceeded expectations! “The Eye of the Beholder” boasts 35 pieces from painters and photographers who accepted this challenge and worked together to produce two interpretations of the same subject. (the odd number is the result of a fabulous three generation collaboration!) This was another extremely hard to judge show but chosen as “Best of Show” are Cheri Christenson and her watercolor “Through Space and Time” interpretation of Bill Moore’s photograph, “Beachfront Berries”. Congratulations!
The reception for this show is Friday May 6th from 4-7, which is also the kick-off to the summer’s First Friday Events in Exeter, so you will want to be in town for this. Hope to see you there.
Our new gallery at 130 Water Street is hopping with activities for everyone to enjoy:
- A lecture by Christopher Volpe on the history of plein-air painting in New Hampshire and Southern Maine Friday Apr 22nd.
- A demonstration on Monotypes by Annick Bouvron-Gromek Sunday May 8th, with a hands-on workshop the week after.
- Classes in drawing and watercolor painting.
- Multimedia works by Featured Artist Renee Schneider, adorable artwork by association members in our Feathers and Fur theme show, new works by exhibiting members in the main gallery, and fascinating fabric art, mixed media, photographs, and jewelry by our new gallery shop artisans.
- Opening of our next theme show exhibition in May, The Eye of the Beholder, a unique pairing of photographer and painter.
Reminder to artists that drop off for next theme show, The Eye of the Beholder is April 30. Everyone is welcome to our reception Friday May 6th 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM.
The challenge is multi-level. It begins with pairing a photographer and a painter. The photographer captures an image. The painter uses this image as reference for a painted interpretation of what the photographer saw. Or, it could start with a painting that the photographer then has to try to recreate. Both works will be hung together. This was a powerful show last year and demanded a repeat. See the event entry for details.
The Seacoast Artist Association is thrilled to have relocated to 130 Water Street in Exeter, and full of gratitude for the outpouring of support from our members and community members allowing this to become a reality. Thank you!
The Grand Opening Celebration was a well-attended event held Saturday April 9th where everyone enjoyed a visual treat of the new works on display, a chance to meet the artists, and light refreshments. One lucky patron won the raffle prize – a beautiful monotype triptych created by Annick Bouvron-Gromek.